Apr 28, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
J.D. Drew said after last night’s game that he suffered a case of vertigo Sunday night and early
Monday. This is not the first time Drew has suffered from the condition. It hit him back in June 2008 as well, clearing up almost as soon as it arrived. As someone whose only real familiarity with vertigo comes from watching it end Nick Essasky’s career, I was rather surprised at the time that it can just show up and go away just like that.
And really, vertigo kind of agrees with Drew. Following his last bout with the malady, Drew went on an 11 game hitting streak, hitting six homers and 13 RBIs. Last night he took a key walk that led to Mike Lowell’s bases loaded, game-winning walk. So, like, no worries.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11