Apr 28, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
J.D. Drew said after last night’s game that he suffered a case of vertigo Sunday night and early
Monday. This is not the first time Drew has suffered from the condition. It hit him back in June 2008 as well, clearing up almost as soon as it arrived. As someone whose only real familiarity with vertigo comes from watching it end Nick Essasky’s career, I was rather surprised at the time that it can just show up and go away just like that.
And really, vertigo kind of agrees with Drew. Following his last bout with the malady, Drew went on an 11 game hitting streak, hitting six homers and 13 RBIs. Last night he took a key walk that led to Mike Lowell’s bases loaded, game-winning walk. So, like, no worries.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)