Apr 28, 2010, 9:17 AM EST
J.D. Drew said after last night’s game that he suffered a case of vertigo Sunday night and early
Monday. This is not the first time Drew has suffered from the condition. It hit him back in June 2008 as well, clearing up almost as soon as it arrived. As someone whose only real familiarity with vertigo comes from watching it end Nick Essasky’s career, I was rather surprised at the time that it can just show up and go away just like that.
And really, vertigo kind of agrees with Drew. Following his last bout with the malady, Drew went on an 11 game hitting streak, hitting six homers and 13 RBIs. Last night he took a key walk that led to Mike Lowell’s bases loaded, game-winning walk. So, like, no worries.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4