Apr 28, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Jimmy Rollins has begun a light running program and has been taking batting practice.
The Phillies aren’t setting any timetables, but Murphy passes on word from anonymous team sources that the second week of May is a realistic expectation for Rollins’ return to the lineup. That would have him missing the Mets, Cardinals and Braves series during this next homestand and making his return when the Phillies go on the road to Colorado and Milwaukee.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)