Apr 28, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Jimmy Rollins has begun a light running program and has been taking batting practice.
The Phillies aren’t setting any timetables, but Murphy passes on word from anonymous team sources that the second week of May is a realistic expectation for Rollins’ return to the lineup. That would have him missing the Mets, Cardinals and Braves series during this next homestand and making his return when the Phillies go on the road to Colorado and Milwaukee.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (77)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)