Apr 28, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Jimmy Rollins has begun a light running program and has been taking batting practice.
The Phillies aren’t setting any timetables, but Murphy passes on word from anonymous team sources that the second week of May is a realistic expectation for Rollins’ return to the lineup. That would have him missing the Mets, Cardinals and Braves series during this next homestand and making his return when the Phillies go on the road to Colorado and Milwaukee.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)