Apr 28, 2010, 3:13 PM EST
David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that Jimmy Rollins has begun a light running program and has been taking batting practice.
The Phillies aren’t setting any timetables, but Murphy passes on word from anonymous team sources that the second week of May is a realistic expectation for Rollins’ return to the lineup. That would have him missing the Mets, Cardinals and Braves series during this next homestand and making his return when the Phillies go on the road to Colorado and Milwaukee.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)