Apr 28, 2010, 7:54 PM EDT
Jorge Posada was lifted from Wednesday’s game in the second inning after taking a Jeremy Guthrie fastball to the right knee. He was later diagnosed with a knee contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
Francisco Cervelli, the Yankees’ 24-year-old backup, will finish out the rest of the game and may need to play Thursday as well. The Yanks have no further tests planned for Posada’s right knee, but that could change if he wakes up with an increased amount of pain in the morning.
Posada, 38, is batting .316/.400/.649 with five homers and 12 RBI through 57 at-bats this season. He has started 16 games behind the plate.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy