Apr 28, 2010, 7:54 PM EST
Jorge Posada was lifted from Wednesday’s game in the second inning after taking a Jeremy Guthrie fastball to the right knee. He was later diagnosed with a knee contusion and is listed as day-to-day.
Francisco Cervelli, the Yankees’ 24-year-old backup, will finish out the rest of the game and may need to play Thursday as well. The Yanks have no further tests planned for Posada’s right knee, but that could change if he wakes up with an increased amount of pain in the morning.
Posada, 38, is batting .316/.400/.649 with five homers and 12 RBI through 57 at-bats this season. He has started 16 games behind the plate.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)