The Phillies turn the most spectacular fielder's choice you'll ever see

Apr 28, 2010, 1:11 PM EDT

Deep thought: is a spectacular double play really a spectacular double play when the runner was actually safe at first but the ump blows the call?

See here to judge for yourself!

1. GimmeSomeSteel - Apr 28, 2010 at 1:19 PM

It’s not spectacular unless the Yankees or Red Sox are involved. This is Known Fact.
    You’re right in saying that saying that Sandoval was safe, but it’s a great play anyway.

2. Jonny5 - Apr 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Not to sound like a jerk but I see something like this pretty much every week from the Phillies. Utley and Rollins click perfectly in similar situations. Just glad the Phills have Castro to back up Jimmy. He’s got good hands.

3. Moses Green - Apr 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Proprietary Green scoring on that one – FC/UC (umpire’s choice.)

4. Moses Green - Apr 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Don’t you mean, not to sound like a jerk over and over again ad nauseam? But even this faint bit of self-perception gives me hope that you can be a better man, and thus a better comment board post-er.

5. Matt - Apr 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I love that you’ve been posting links to great highlights over the last couple of days. Perhaps this should be a regular shtick for you along with your ATH because some of us don’t have the luxury of being paid to watch all of these MLB clips on a daily basis but love to see good ones like that flip or a catcher’s inability to throw the baseball.

6. Jonny5 - Apr 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Moses, I’ve decided the MLB team names Indians/Braves are not racist. I’ve also decided anyone who thinks so is an “oversensitive” Jerk. Now tell me to shut the “F” up (expletive left out over respect of others)again so we can all see how much of a moron you are. I don’t live to satisfy your perception of what a better poster is so c’mon, rip into me good again, I enjoyed it last time. :>0

7. YANKEES1996 - Apr 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I saw the play on Sportscenter, nice turn but no out at first. The ump got caught up in the moment and blew the call.

8. Moses Green - Apr 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Don’t forget you defended Mike Bacsik. Don’t even have the energy to cuss you out, and it would be a waste of breath anyway. Just doing my duty to the public and calling you out again.

9. MikeZ - Apr 28, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Was one heck of a play to watch. Umps always give the call to the defense on the pretty double plays. I don’t have a problem with this because this is one of the few times the umps are consistent with a call.

10. Wooden U. Lykteneau - Apr 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Not to be a fan of indigenous American descent, but Jonny5 you might want to take off your hood before posting ignorant
    things about what constitutes being sensitive to racial/cultural subjects.

11. Jonny5 - Apr 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Ummm no, I did not defend him, i said what he did was clearly racist. You’ve been stalking me because you’re confused? What an idiot!
    Wooden U. I was just being a jerk, I’m really not the hood wearing type. I actually respect people and could care less what shade of skin they wear. What i posted was just to get a rise out of my stalker.
    Captcha: dreaming showdown

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (4154)