Apr 28, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Yesterday I took crap from everyone for wondering why the Sox didn’t call up Alan Embree instead of Fabio Castro to aid the bullpen. After last night’s game the Red Sox called up Alan Embree and sent down Fabio Castro, who didn’t throw a pitch in last night’s game, so maybe I’m not as dumb as I look sometimes. I’ll admit, however, I whiffed on Wakefield being available for last night’s game due to his Sunday start.
The broader lesson: it’s remarkable how I can write a 2000-word screed ripping one team and not get a single negative response, but if I make some moderately lazy comment about the Red Sox bullpen people come out of the woodwork.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)