Apr 28, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Yesterday I took crap from everyone for wondering why the Sox didn’t call up Alan Embree instead of Fabio Castro to aid the bullpen. After last night’s game the Red Sox called up Alan Embree and sent down Fabio Castro, who didn’t throw a pitch in last night’s game, so maybe I’m not as dumb as I look sometimes. I’ll admit, however, I whiffed on Wakefield being available for last night’s game due to his Sunday start.
The broader lesson: it’s remarkable how I can write a 2000-word screed ripping one team and not get a single negative response, but if I make some moderately lazy comment about the Red Sox bullpen people come out of the woodwork.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 3
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)