Apr 28, 2010, 10:46 AM EDT
Yesterday I took crap from everyone for wondering why the Sox didn’t call up Alan Embree instead of Fabio Castro to aid the bullpen. After last night’s game the Red Sox called up Alan Embree and sent down Fabio Castro, who didn’t throw a pitch in last night’s game, so maybe I’m not as dumb as I look sometimes. I’ll admit, however, I whiffed on Wakefield being available for last night’s game due to his Sunday start.
The broader lesson: it’s remarkable how I can write a 2000-word screed ripping one team and not get a single negative response, but if I make some moderately lazy comment about the Red Sox bullpen people come out of the woodwork.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 0
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)