Apr 28, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
Brewers up by one, Trevor Hoffman comes into the game, Ryan Doumit at the plate and . . . wham! it’s gone. This is not a repeat from yesterday. It just happened in the Brewers-Pirates game, and now Trevor Hoffman has given up six home runs on the season and has blown yet another save.
And the thing about a 42 year-old pitcher is that, on some level, it doesn’t matter if it’s a health thing or if it’s simply a matter of him not having it anymore. Because if something is wrong with his arm, it’s not like he has infinite time to recover.
Are we witnessing the end of Trevor Hoffman’s career?
UPDATE: Andrew McCutchen just hit a homer in the top of the 10th to put the Pirates on top. It’s McCutchen’s second dinger of the day.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)