Apr 29, 2010, 10:26 PM EST
8:55pm: The San Francisco Chronicle’s Susan Slusser passes along word that right-handed starter Justin Duchscherer was lifted from Thursday’s game in the fourth inning due to what is being called a “left hip injury.”
The “Duke of Hurl” has a long history of ailments, so this is one to monitor. He waived off trainers when they tried to meet him on the mound initially, but Oakland manager Bob Geren overruled and sent his starter into the clubhouse. Duchscherer had allowed five hits and two earned runs over 3 1/3 innings to the Blue Jays.
Jerry Blevins came on in relief. The A’s will reevaluate Duchscherer on Friday morning and will hope that he doesn’t require any more time on the disabled list. He entered the Thursday outing with a 2-0 record, 1.82 ERA and 1.26 WHIP through four starts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)