Apr 29, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
8:55pm: The San Francisco Chronicle’s Susan Slusser passes along word that right-handed starter Justin Duchscherer was lifted from Thursday’s game in the fourth inning due to what is being called a “left hip injury.”
The “Duke of Hurl” has a long history of ailments, so this is one to monitor. He waived off trainers when they tried to meet him on the mound initially, but Oakland manager Bob Geren overruled and sent his starter into the clubhouse. Duchscherer had allowed five hits and two earned runs over 3 1/3 innings to the Blue Jays.
Jerry Blevins came on in relief. The A’s will reevaluate Duchscherer on Friday morning and will hope that he doesn’t require any more time on the disabled list. He entered the Thursday outing with a 2-0 record, 1.82 ERA and 1.26 WHIP through four starts.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)