Apr 29, 2010, 4:18 PM EST
Dontrelle Willis has had a couple of decent starts so far this season, but after today’s performance it may be safe to say that he’s officially back. D-Train threw six shutout innings with six strikeouts and gave up only four hits and two walks, leading the Tigers to a 3-0 win over the Twins.
Granted, this was a diminished Twins’ lineup — Morneau and only one pinch hitting at bat for Mauer — but it was arguably Willis’ best start in four years. Tigers and Willis fans will no doubt take it.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)