Apr 29, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
Dontrelle Willis has had a couple of decent starts so far this season, but after today’s performance it may be safe to say that he’s officially back. D-Train threw six shutout innings with six strikeouts and gave up only four hits and two walks, leading the Tigers to a 3-0 win over the Twins.
Granted, this was a diminished Twins’ lineup — Morneau and only one pinch hitting at bat for Mauer — but it was arguably Willis’ best start in four years. Tigers and Willis fans will no doubt take it.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 47
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)