Apr 29, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
Dontrelle Willis has had a couple of decent starts so far this season, but after today’s performance it may be safe to say that he’s officially back. D-Train threw six shutout innings with six strikeouts and gave up only four hits and two walks, leading the Tigers to a 3-0 win over the Twins.
Granted, this was a diminished Twins’ lineup — Morneau and only one pinch hitting at bat for Mauer — but it was arguably Willis’ best start in four years. Tigers and Willis fans will no doubt take it.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)