Apr 29, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Out since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the middle of spring training, Ian Kinsler is expected to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rangers’ lineup tomorrow.
Ron Washington has said that Kinsler will move from his customary leadoff spot to fifth in Texas’ batting order, which along with the tender ankle should mean significantly fewer running opportunities and far more RBI chances. He stole 31 bases and homered 31 times last season, but knocked in just 86 runs.
Kinsler went 3-for-9 with two walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment, but told Todd Wills of MLB.com that “the pain is there but definitely is manageable” and “it’s something I’ll have to play through.”
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (118)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)