Apr 29, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Out since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the middle of spring training, Ian Kinsler is expected to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rangers’ lineup tomorrow.
Ron Washington has said that Kinsler will move from his customary leadoff spot to fifth in Texas’ batting order, which along with the tender ankle should mean significantly fewer running opportunities and far more RBI chances. He stole 31 bases and homered 31 times last season, but knocked in just 86 runs.
Kinsler went 3-for-9 with two walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment, but told Todd Wills of MLB.com that “the pain is there but definitely is manageable” and “it’s something I’ll have to play through.”
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)