Apr 29, 2010, 3:42 PM EST
Out since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the middle of spring training, Ian Kinsler is expected to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rangers’ lineup tomorrow.
Ron Washington has said that Kinsler will move from his customary leadoff spot to fifth in Texas’ batting order, which along with the tender ankle should mean significantly fewer running opportunities and far more RBI chances. He stole 31 bases and homered 31 times last season, but knocked in just 86 runs.
Kinsler went 3-for-9 with two walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment, but told Todd Wills of MLB.com that “the pain is there but definitely is manageable” and “it’s something I’ll have to play through.”
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120