Apr 29, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Out since suffering a high-ankle sprain in the middle of spring training, Ian Kinsler is expected to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rangers’ lineup tomorrow.
Ron Washington has said that Kinsler will move from his customary leadoff spot to fifth in Texas’ batting order, which along with the tender ankle should mean significantly fewer running opportunities and far more RBI chances. He stole 31 bases and homered 31 times last season, but knocked in just 86 runs.
Kinsler went 3-for-9 with two walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment, but told Todd Wills of MLB.com that “the pain is there but definitely is manageable” and “it’s something I’ll have to play through.”
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (170)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)