Apr 29, 2010, 2:14 PM EDT
Jair Jurrjens left this afternoon’s start against the Cardinals after just one inning because of a strained hamstring.
Jurrjens allowed three runs in the opening frame, at which point reliever Kris Medlen got loose in a hurry out in the bullpen and replaced him to begin the second inning.
Off to a rough start even before the injury, Jurrjens came into today’s game at 0-2 with a 5.48 ERA and 15/11 K/BB ratio in four outings after ranking third in the NL with a 2.60 ERA last season.
Unless they stage a comeback against Adam Wainwright, the Braves are in line for their ninth straight loss after beginning the season 8-5.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)