Apr 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
It’s a little bit late since the Great Joe Maddon Hoodie Controversy was solved last week, but the Tampa Bay Rays manager nonetheless received some support in his quest for wardrobe freedom when he received a hoodie in the mail from none other than Patriots coach – and noted hoodie enthusiast — Bill Belichick.
The Patriots hoodie came embroidered with a “J.M.” on the front, making it pretty fancy by hoodie standards. Maddon called the gift “very cool,” and he should have just left it at that. Instead, he went on to tell the Associated Press:
“It’s quite an accomplishment, quite an achievement to get something from a coach who’s won the Super Bowl,” Maddon said.
Yes, it is quite the accomplishment. Much like it was an accomplishment for me to receive a letter in the mail from the former sidekick on The Tonight Show. (I may already be a millionaire!)
Maddon says he won’t wear the hoodie. After all he’s a smart guy and knows MLB will frown on any of their managers wearing NFL gear. But he will display the sweatshirt in his office in a nice show of solidarity with his brother in casual wear.
One question though. Do you think they’ll let Bob Huggins be a part of their club?
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)