Apr 29, 2010, 1:09 AM EDT
It’s a little bit late since the Great Joe Maddon Hoodie Controversy was solved last week, but the Tampa Bay Rays manager nonetheless received some support in his quest for wardrobe freedom when he received a hoodie in the mail from none other than Patriots coach – and noted hoodie enthusiast — Bill Belichick.
The Patriots hoodie came embroidered with a “J.M.” on the front, making it pretty fancy by hoodie standards. Maddon called the gift “very cool,” and he should have just left it at that. Instead, he went on to tell the Associated Press:
“It’s quite an accomplishment, quite an achievement to get something from a coach who’s won the Super Bowl,” Maddon said.
Yes, it is quite the accomplishment. Much like it was an accomplishment for me to receive a letter in the mail from the former sidekick on The Tonight Show. (I may already be a millionaire!)
Maddon says he won’t wear the hoodie. After all he’s a smart guy and knows MLB will frown on any of their managers wearing NFL gear. But he will display the sweatshirt in his office in a nice show of solidarity with his brother in casual wear.
One question though. Do you think they’ll let Bob Huggins be a part of their club?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)