Apr 29, 2010, 11:28 AM EDT
The Phillies aren’t stupid. People are. People like Keith Law of ESPN.com, and anyone out
there who thinks like Law when Law wrote that “this is one of
the worst extensions of its kind.”
– The always civil Gregg Doyel, taking issue with those who take issue with the Ryan Howard extension.
This is the same Gregg Doyel who once wrote that Alex Rodriguez “stole” his $25 million/year contract from the Texas Rangers and became “universally despised” for his “shocking greed.” In the same piece he accused the Rangers of “sticking it to Joe Fan” by offering such a contract and called Scott Boras unethical for “getting unwitting teams to bid against
themselves,” which is essentially what Howard did with the Phillies.
(thanks to Neate Sager for the heads up)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)