Apr 29, 2010, 11:28 AM EST
The Phillies aren’t stupid. People are. People like Keith Law of ESPN.com, and anyone out
there who thinks like Law when Law wrote that “this is one of
the worst extensions of its kind.”
– The always civil Gregg Doyel, taking issue with those who take issue with the Ryan Howard extension.
This is the same Gregg Doyel who once wrote that Alex Rodriguez “stole” his $25 million/year contract from the Texas Rangers and became “universally despised” for his “shocking greed.” In the same piece he accused the Rangers of “sticking it to Joe Fan” by offering such a contract and called Scott Boras unethical for “getting unwitting teams to bid against
themselves,” which is essentially what Howard did with the Phillies.
(thanks to Neate Sager for the heads up)
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27