Apr 29, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
According to MLB.com beat reporter Brian McTaggart, left-hander Wandy Rodriguez has been scratched from his scheduled Friday start due to back spasms.
Brett Myers will take the bump as the Astros open a three-game series against the Braves. Rodriguez is tentatively scheduled to make up for the lost outing on Saturday, but it’s no sure thing that he will be able to make that start either.
Rodriguez has not looked like his normal, dominant self through four starts this season and the Astros currently stand 8-12, at the bottom of the National League Central standings. Wandy, 31, has a 3.65 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and a 14/8 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings. He put up a 3.02 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP over 33 starts last season while also tallying 193 strikeouts in 205 2/3 innings.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)