Apr 29, 2010, 7:43 PM EST
According to MLB.com beat reporter Brian McTaggart, left-hander Wandy Rodriguez has been scratched from his scheduled Friday start due to back spasms.
Brett Myers will take the bump as the Astros open a three-game series against the Braves. Rodriguez is tentatively scheduled to make up for the lost outing on Saturday, but it’s no sure thing that he will be able to make that start either.
Rodriguez has not looked like his normal, dominant self through four starts this season and the Astros currently stand 8-12, at the bottom of the National League Central standings. Wandy, 31, has a 3.65 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and a 14/8 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings. He put up a 3.02 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP over 33 starts last season while also tallying 193 strikeouts in 205 2/3 innings.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 58
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 88
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 13
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 28
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)