Apr 29, 2010, 7:43 PM EDT
According to MLB.com beat reporter Brian McTaggart, left-hander Wandy Rodriguez has been scratched from his scheduled Friday start due to back spasms.
Brett Myers will take the bump as the Astros open a three-game series against the Braves. Rodriguez is tentatively scheduled to make up for the lost outing on Saturday, but it’s no sure thing that he will be able to make that start either.
Rodriguez has not looked like his normal, dominant self through four starts this season and the Astros currently stand 8-12, at the bottom of the National League Central standings. Wandy, 31, has a 3.65 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and a 14/8 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings. He put up a 3.02 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP over 33 starts last season while also tallying 193 strikeouts in 205 2/3 innings.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)