Apr 29, 2010, 7:43 PM EST
According to MLB.com beat reporter Brian McTaggart, left-hander Wandy Rodriguez has been scratched from his scheduled Friday start due to back spasms.
Brett Myers will take the bump as the Astros open a three-game series against the Braves. Rodriguez is tentatively scheduled to make up for the lost outing on Saturday, but it’s no sure thing that he will be able to make that start either.
Rodriguez has not looked like his normal, dominant self through four starts this season and the Astros currently stand 8-12, at the bottom of the National League Central standings. Wandy, 31, has a 3.65 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and a 14/8 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings. He put up a 3.02 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP over 33 starts last season while also tallying 193 strikeouts in 205 2/3 innings.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)