Apr 29, 2010, 7:43 PM EST
According to MLB.com beat reporter Brian McTaggart, left-hander Wandy Rodriguez has been scratched from his scheduled Friday start due to back spasms.
Brett Myers will take the bump as the Astros open a three-game series against the Braves. Rodriguez is tentatively scheduled to make up for the lost outing on Saturday, but it’s no sure thing that he will be able to make that start either.
Rodriguez has not looked like his normal, dominant self through four starts this season and the Astros currently stand 8-12, at the bottom of the National League Central standings. Wandy, 31, has a 3.65 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and a 14/8 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings. He put up a 3.02 ERA and a 1.24 WHIP over 33 starts last season while also tallying 193 strikeouts in 205 2/3 innings.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)