Apr 29, 2010, 3:12 PM EST
“It was a bad baseball play that happened to work out. I
don’t want to say it was bush league. But you never see that.
Ninety-nine percent of hitters in that situation would rather win the
game with a hit, not a bunt.
“It was a stupid play that just
happened to work.”
Indians reliever Chris Perez, commenting on Howie Kendrick’s game-winning bunt from yesterday’s game, while seemingly being unaware that all is fair in love, war and baseball.
Was the bunt the best tactical decision in the world? Nah. But it freakin’ worked, it was exciting as all hell to watch and Perez’s “I don’t want to call it bush league but I’m basically calling it bush league” jive looks even worse today than the Indians poor defensive alignment before the play did.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)