Apr 29, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
“It was a bad baseball play that happened to work out. I
don’t want to say it was bush league. But you never see that.
Ninety-nine percent of hitters in that situation would rather win the
game with a hit, not a bunt.
“It was a stupid play that just
happened to work.”
Indians reliever Chris Perez, commenting on Howie Kendrick’s game-winning bunt from yesterday’s game, while seemingly being unaware that all is fair in love, war and baseball.
Was the bunt the best tactical decision in the world? Nah. But it freakin’ worked, it was exciting as all hell to watch and Perez’s “I don’t want to call it bush league but I’m basically calling it bush league” jive looks even worse today than the Indians poor defensive alignment before the play did.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)