Apr 29, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
“It was a bad baseball play that happened to work out. I
don’t want to say it was bush league. But you never see that.
Ninety-nine percent of hitters in that situation would rather win the
game with a hit, not a bunt.
“It was a stupid play that just
happened to work.”
Indians reliever Chris Perez, commenting on Howie Kendrick’s game-winning bunt from yesterday’s game, while seemingly being unaware that all is fair in love, war and baseball.
Was the bunt the best tactical decision in the world? Nah. But it freakin’ worked, it was exciting as all hell to watch and Perez’s “I don’t want to call it bush league but I’m basically calling it bush league” jive looks even worse today than the Indians poor defensive alignment before the play did.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 31
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 6
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)