Apr 29, 2010, 3:12 PM EDT
“It was a bad baseball play that happened to work out. I
don’t want to say it was bush league. But you never see that.
Ninety-nine percent of hitters in that situation would rather win the
game with a hit, not a bunt.
“It was a stupid play that just
happened to work.”
Indians reliever Chris Perez, commenting on Howie Kendrick’s game-winning bunt from yesterday’s game, while seemingly being unaware that all is fair in love, war and baseball.
Was the bunt the best tactical decision in the world? Nah. But it freakin’ worked, it was exciting as all hell to watch and Perez’s “I don’t want to call it bush league but I’m basically calling it bush league” jive looks even worse today than the Indians poor defensive alignment before the play did.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)