Apr 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
“As of 2:30 pm, Bob is out of surgery and in the ICU. We are pleased
that Mr. Uecker’s surgery went smoothly today,” said Nicolosi. “We
replaced his aortic valve, aortic root and part of his ascending aorta.
We also did a coronary bypass on one vessel.”
“Our family is thrilled with the outcome of today’s surgery,” said Bob
Uecker, Jr., son of Bob, Sr. “We’re grateful to the staff at Froedtert
for their medical and professional care; they have been terrific every
step of the way. We also want to thank our extended family, friends and
all of the fans who have expressed their concern for my father; we
appreciate their thoughtful and kind wishes.”
Per previous reports, Uecker will remain in the hospital for 5-7 days and should be fully recovered by the time the Brewers are mathematically eliminated from the division race.
Or 12 weeks, whichever comes first.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8