Apr 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EST
“As of 2:30 pm, Bob is out of surgery and in the ICU. We are pleased
that Mr. Uecker’s surgery went smoothly today,” said Nicolosi. “We
replaced his aortic valve, aortic root and part of his ascending aorta.
We also did a coronary bypass on one vessel.”
“Our family is thrilled with the outcome of today’s surgery,” said Bob
Uecker, Jr., son of Bob, Sr. “We’re grateful to the staff at Froedtert
for their medical and professional care; they have been terrific every
step of the way. We also want to thank our extended family, friends and
all of the fans who have expressed their concern for my father; we
appreciate their thoughtful and kind wishes.”
Per previous reports, Uecker will remain in the hospital for 5-7 days and should be fully recovered by the time the Brewers are mathematically eliminated from the division race.
Or 12 weeks, whichever comes first.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)