Apr 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EST
“As of 2:30 pm, Bob is out of surgery and in the ICU. We are pleased
that Mr. Uecker’s surgery went smoothly today,” said Nicolosi. “We
replaced his aortic valve, aortic root and part of his ascending aorta.
We also did a coronary bypass on one vessel.”
“Our family is thrilled with the outcome of today’s surgery,” said Bob
Uecker, Jr., son of Bob, Sr. “We’re grateful to the staff at Froedtert
for their medical and professional care; they have been terrific every
step of the way. We also want to thank our extended family, friends and
all of the fans who have expressed their concern for my father; we
appreciate their thoughtful and kind wishes.”
Per previous reports, Uecker will remain in the hospital for 5-7 days and should be fully recovered by the time the Brewers are mathematically eliminated from the division race.
Or 12 weeks, whichever comes first.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 53
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 58
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 55
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)