Apr 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
“As of 2:30 pm, Bob is out of surgery and in the ICU. We are pleased
that Mr. Uecker’s surgery went smoothly today,” said Nicolosi. “We
replaced his aortic valve, aortic root and part of his ascending aorta.
We also did a coronary bypass on one vessel.”
“Our family is thrilled with the outcome of today’s surgery,” said Bob
Uecker, Jr., son of Bob, Sr. “We’re grateful to the staff at Froedtert
for their medical and professional care; they have been terrific every
step of the way. We also want to thank our extended family, friends and
all of the fans who have expressed their concern for my father; we
appreciate their thoughtful and kind wishes.”
Per previous reports, Uecker will remain in the hospital for 5-7 days and should be fully recovered by the time the Brewers are mathematically eliminated from the division race.
Or 12 weeks, whichever comes first.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20