Apr 30, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
After missing seven straight starts with a strained hamstring Ryan Zimmerman is back in Washington’s lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins.
Zimmerman stayed off the disabled list while making two pinch-hitting appearances since his last start on April 21, which is the same approach the Nationals took when he initially missed time with a sore hamstring earlier this season.
In all he’s started just 10 of 22 games this year, but has hit .326/.370/.628 in between all the leg problems. Oddly given that excellent production, the Nationals are 5-5 when he starts and 7-5 when he doesn’t.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)