Apr 30, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
After missing seven straight starts with a strained hamstring Ryan Zimmerman is back in Washington’s lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins.
Zimmerman stayed off the disabled list while making two pinch-hitting appearances since his last start on April 21, which is the same approach the Nationals took when he initially missed time with a sore hamstring earlier this season.
In all he’s started just 10 of 22 games this year, but has hit .326/.370/.628 in between all the leg problems. Oddly given that excellent production, the Nationals are 5-5 when he starts and 7-5 when he doesn’t.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)