Apr 30, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
After missing seven straight starts with a strained hamstring Ryan Zimmerman is back in Washington’s lineup for tonight’s game against the Marlins.
Zimmerman stayed off the disabled list while making two pinch-hitting appearances since his last start on April 21, which is the same approach the Nationals took when he initially missed time with a sore hamstring earlier this season.
In all he’s started just 10 of 22 games this year, but has hit .326/.370/.628 in between all the leg problems. Oddly given that excellent production, the Nationals are 5-5 when he starts and 7-5 when he doesn’t.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)