Apr 30, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Those are bold words given that Ichiro Suzuki still walks the Earth and gets 200 hits a year, but when you realize that it’s Choo’s agent Scott Boras saying it, all becomes clear.
That aside, Tim Brown’s profile on Choo in which that quote appears is a great read about the baseball’s least-known superstar. For example, maybe everyone knows this and I just missed it, but I didn’t know that Choo had a 95 m.p.h. fastball and was signed by the Mariners to be a pitcher.
Not that there will be things we don’t know about Choo for long. He’s hitting .338/.452/.532 on the young season, showing no indication that last year’s breakout year was a fluke.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)