Apr 30, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Those are bold words given that Ichiro Suzuki still walks the Earth and gets 200 hits a year, but when you realize that it’s Choo’s agent Scott Boras saying it, all becomes clear.
That aside, Tim Brown’s profile on Choo in which that quote appears is a great read about the baseball’s least-known superstar. For example, maybe everyone knows this and I just missed it, but I didn’t know that Choo had a 95 m.p.h. fastball and was signed by the Mariners to be a pitcher.
Not that there will be things we don’t know about Choo for long. He’s hitting .338/.452/.532 on the young season, showing no indication that last year’s breakout year was a fluke.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)