Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 AM EST
Some people — myself included on occasion — toss out lazy Alex Rodriguez criticism. Others — like FOX’s Tracy Ringolsby — aren’t content dabbling in idle hate. They work extra hard at it, finding reasons to attack him which have eluded everyone else. For example, after rehashing the 2007 opt-out controversy, Ringolsby shows us just how awful A-Rod can be:
And that wasn’t the first time A-Rod put his own needs ahead of an
organization. Tom Hicks, the man who is attempting to sell the Texas Rangers, was able to cover the Rangers’ share of Rodriguez’s 10-year, $242
million deal signed before the 2001 season, despite Hicks’ bankruptcy
It’s the working stiffs with the Rangers, the ones
who had their future caught up in a Hicks-created retirement plan, who
are left with nothing to show for their efforts. Not that it
would matter to Rodriguez. He lives in his own little world, and he is
oblivious to anyone else.
Got that? It was A-Rod’s fault that Tom Hicks paid him too much, and it was A-Rod’s fault that — years after he left the team — Hicks leveraged himself beyond all bounds of responsibility, leading to its current financial crisis.
How dare A-Rod not attend Rangers board meetings these past several years, demanding that Tom Hicks pay his employees! How dare he not realize — when he signed his contract over nine years ago — that doing so would screw up the Rangers 2010 sale!
Typical selfish ballplayer. God, I hate A-Rod. Don’t you?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 300
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)