Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
Some people — myself included on occasion — toss out lazy Alex Rodriguez criticism. Others — like FOX’s Tracy Ringolsby — aren’t content dabbling in idle hate. They work extra hard at it, finding reasons to attack him which have eluded everyone else. For example, after rehashing the 2007 opt-out controversy, Ringolsby shows us just how awful A-Rod can be:
And that wasn’t the first time A-Rod put his own needs ahead of an
organization. Tom Hicks, the man who is attempting to sell the Texas Rangers, was able to cover the Rangers’ share of Rodriguez’s 10-year, $242
million deal signed before the 2001 season, despite Hicks’ bankruptcy
It’s the working stiffs with the Rangers, the ones
who had their future caught up in a Hicks-created retirement plan, who
are left with nothing to show for their efforts. Not that it
would matter to Rodriguez. He lives in his own little world, and he is
oblivious to anyone else.
Got that? It was A-Rod’s fault that Tom Hicks paid him too much, and it was A-Rod’s fault that — years after he left the team — Hicks leveraged himself beyond all bounds of responsibility, leading to its current financial crisis.
How dare A-Rod not attend Rangers board meetings these past several years, demanding that Tom Hicks pay his employees! How dare he not realize — when he signed his contract over nine years ago — that doing so would screw up the Rangers 2010 sale!
Typical selfish ballplayer. God, I hate A-Rod. Don’t you?
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)