Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
Some people — myself included on occasion — toss out lazy Alex Rodriguez criticism. Others — like FOX’s Tracy Ringolsby — aren’t content dabbling in idle hate. They work extra hard at it, finding reasons to attack him which have eluded everyone else. For example, after rehashing the 2007 opt-out controversy, Ringolsby shows us just how awful A-Rod can be:
And that wasn’t the first time A-Rod put his own needs ahead of an
organization. Tom Hicks, the man who is attempting to sell the Texas Rangers, was able to cover the Rangers’ share of Rodriguez’s 10-year, $242
million deal signed before the 2001 season, despite Hicks’ bankruptcy
It’s the working stiffs with the Rangers, the ones
who had their future caught up in a Hicks-created retirement plan, who
are left with nothing to show for their efforts. Not that it
would matter to Rodriguez. He lives in his own little world, and he is
oblivious to anyone else.
Got that? It was A-Rod’s fault that Tom Hicks paid him too much, and it was A-Rod’s fault that — years after he left the team — Hicks leveraged himself beyond all bounds of responsibility, leading to its current financial crisis.
How dare A-Rod not attend Rangers board meetings these past several years, demanding that Tom Hicks pay his employees! How dare he not realize — when he signed his contract over nine years ago — that doing so would screw up the Rangers 2010 sale!
Typical selfish ballplayer. God, I hate A-Rod. Don’t you?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)