Some of the best A-Rod hate you'll read in a while

Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT

Some people — myself included on occasion — toss out lazy Alex Rodriguez criticism. Others — like FOX’s Tracy Ringolsby — aren’t content dabbling in idle hate. They work extra hard at it, finding reasons to attack him which have eluded everyone else. For example, after rehashing the 2007 opt-out controversy, Ringolsby shows us just how awful A-Rod can be:

And that wasn’t the first time A-Rod put his own needs ahead of an
organization. Tom Hicks, the man who is attempting to sell the Texas Rangers, was able to cover the Rangers’ share of Rodriguez’s 10-year, $242
million deal signed before the 2001 season, despite Hicks’ bankruptcy
problems.

It’s the working stiffs with the Rangers, the ones
who had their future caught up in a Hicks-created retirement plan, who
are left with nothing to show for their efforts. Not that it
would matter to Rodriguez. He lives in his own little world, and he is
oblivious to anyone else.

Got that? It was A-Rod’s fault that Tom Hicks paid him too much, and it was A-Rod’s fault that — years after he left the team — Hicks leveraged himself beyond all bounds of responsibility, leading to its current financial crisis.

How dare A-Rod not attend Rangers board meetings these past several years, demanding that Tom Hicks pay his employees!  How dare he not realize — when he signed his contract over nine years ago — that doing so would screw up the Rangers 2010 sale!

Typical selfish ballplayer. God, I hate A-Rod. Don’t you?

1. The Rabbit - Apr 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I wasn’t directing my remark at you, darlin’ (I’m a blonde female, not a fella’) :-)
    It was directed towards the same person about whom you commented. I apologize for my lack of clarity.

2. BigBBFan - Apr 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Good to see a post from you Old Gator. I had not seen one in awhile and I was getting concerned that a gator may have got you. Your comments today are right on target, as usual.

3. YankeesfanLen - Apr 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi Rabbit-
    Good to see you back at the ol’ food fight. As I alluded to a few posts today, it certainly gratifies me that The Universe is playing as a team, because several individual performances are below par, much like every year. As actual (warm) baseball weather approaches the Northeast I will happily watch the results when we get to play more than 30% of our games in our glorious new cathedral.
    My Pittsburgh friends have already decided a week in Cancun is better than a season at PNC> Our resources are needed, MegaMillions calls!

4. Old Gator - Apr 30, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I appreciate the support, however tongue-in-cheek, but I can’t take too much credit for being obvious. I mean, does anybopdy like having their tail cut off?

5. The Rabbit - Apr 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Hi Len-
    The Universe is certainly playing as a team.
    Texieira had the same April to mid-May last year so I wouldn’t be too concerned. I think he batted less than .120 through that stretch and he wasn’t taking walks, either. BTW This is why I disagree when people talk about Matt Holliday and his stint in the American League. Holliday did well after his first 4-6 weeks similar to Texieira. But I digress.
    A-Rod has also been disappointing but after his first game after his injury last year, he also had a few weeks before he caught fire.
    The pitching has been pretty good with a couple of notable exceptions.
    I haven’t checked the medical news on Posada yet but I need to do that before I send my newsletter.
    As you know, I’m not really a team fan…Just love baseball, preferably the National League East.
    I posted some pretty good photos from last weekend’s Twins/Royals games up on the web. Great seats (3 rows from the field behind the dugout without “human” obstructions) and great camera..but I have no way to get you the link without disclosing my e-mail address at this site and that’s not happening.
    Let’s continue to hope for the Powerball or MegaMilions

6. tadthebad - Apr 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I tend to side with your friends.
    Like Shaq, maybe you can ask the restaurant patrons, “How’s my ass taste?”

7. tadthebad - Apr 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I’d say you got the monopoly covered all by yourself. Adios, jackass.

8. YankeesfanLen - Apr 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Posada is day to day, but Cervelli is fine behind the plate and contributing to our “small ball”, something I don’t approve of but it will do in the interim.
    Perhaps Mr. Calcaterra would be good enough to provide you with my email address.

9. Scott - Apr 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Is there a steroid user that this Calcaterra guy doesn’t rush to defend?

10. The Rabbit - Apr 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

or Mr. Calcaterra is more than welcome to provide you with my e-mail address.

11. samuelsa - Apr 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM

lol…kate hudson is preggers with his sprog, the celeb couple from hell, they are as bad as each other. use to hate him now i love em! i can see a big choke this yr.

12. Old Gator - May 1, 2010 at 5:19 AM

Um…I think in this case Craig was concerned not with A-Rod’s steroid use but with Ringolsby’s hysteria and mangled logic. Mind you, this was a logic so mangled that even the editors at FAUX, the same people who actually went before the Supreme Court a few months ago to affirm their right to lie to their audience, were embarrassed by it. An objective re-reading of what Craig wrote, as opposed to the gratuitous insinuation of an irrelevant point into this discussion, might make that clearer to you. Might.
    What am I doing up at five in the morning berating nincompoops on a sports blog instead of sleeping? Well might you ask. Soaking a batch of fresh-picked morels in mild salt water to get them ready for a kingly breakfast while listening to the terrific new Cowboy Junkies CD, Renmin Park, on my media player. Might even saute this batch along with a slice of ham from the very pig who found them. Is that gratitude, or is that gratitude?

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win