Apr 30, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
No, he didn’t die or anything, but giving up an $8 beer in order to grab a baseball, the sort of which you can get for something like $20 a dozen down at Dick’s represents the kind of sacrifice that neither you nor I would normally be willing to make.
So here’s to you, smell-like-a-beer-all-night-in-exchange-for-a-Ryan-Sweeney-foul-ball guy. Real. Man. Of. Genius.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 0
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)