Apr 30, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
No, he didn’t die or anything, but giving up an $8 beer in order to grab a baseball, the sort of which you can get for something like $20 a dozen down at Dick’s represents the kind of sacrifice that neither you nor I would normally be willing to make.
So here’s to you, smell-like-a-beer-all-night-in-exchange-for-a-Ryan-Sweeney-foul-ball guy. Real. Man. Of. Genius.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)