Apr 30, 2010, 10:06 AM EDT
No, he didn’t die or anything, but giving up an $8 beer in order to grab a baseball, the sort of which you can get for something like $20 a dozen down at Dick’s represents the kind of sacrifice that neither you nor I would normally be willing to make.
So here’s to you, smell-like-a-beer-all-night-in-exchange-for-a-Ryan-Sweeney-foul-ball guy. Real. Man. Of. Genius.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)