May 1, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle dedicated a blog post this afternoon to bashing ESPN’s New York-heavy baseball coverage. As Schulman notes, the Mets will appear on “Sunday Night Baseball” tomorrow night for the third consecutive week and they’re on again for a May 23 matchup with the Yankees.
In response to the New York love, Schulman, a writer for most things San Francisco, is boycotting Sunday night’s game. So, check out his post. Support the cause. You know, if you’re a mid-market baseball fan into complaining about the sport’s national coverage.
To be honest, it seems like a tired argument. ESPN wants ratings, and a game between the Giants and Rockies simply won’t bring the same kind of numbers of a Mets or Yankees game. With cable, satellite and MLB.tv, it’s easier than ever to follow your favorite team. Why not just do what us smart baseball fans do and ignore the World Wide Leader altogether? MLB Network at least shows highlights.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 5
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 22
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)