May 1, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: Further tests revealed a Grade 2 strain of Granderson’s left groin, according to the Bergen Record’s Pete Caldera. He has already been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss up to four weeks.
4:18pm: Curtis Granderson pulled up lame while running from first to third against the White Sox and has been diagnosed with a strained groin after leaving this afternoon’s game.
Granderson stumbled as he rounded second base and then had to hop the final 50 feet or so to third base in obvious pain. He’s headed to the hospital for an MRI exam, but suffice it to say he seems likely to miss some time.
Randy Winn replaced him in the lineup, with Brett Gardner shifting from left field to center field defensively. New York would likely platoon Winn and Marcus Thames for however long Granderson is sidelined.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators