May 1, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: Further tests revealed a Grade 2 strain of Granderson’s left groin, according to the Bergen Record’s Pete Caldera. He has already been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss up to four weeks.
4:18pm: Curtis Granderson pulled up lame while running from first to third against the White Sox and has been diagnosed with a strained groin after leaving this afternoon’s game.
Granderson stumbled as he rounded second base and then had to hop the final 50 feet or so to third base in obvious pain. He’s headed to the hospital for an MRI exam, but suffice it to say he seems likely to miss some time.
Randy Winn replaced him in the lineup, with Brett Gardner shifting from left field to center field defensively. New York would likely platoon Winn and Marcus Thames for however long Granderson is sidelined.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)