May 1, 2010, 8:21 PM EST
UPDATE: Further tests revealed a Grade 2 strain of Granderson’s left groin, according to the Bergen Record’s Pete Caldera. He has already been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss up to four weeks.
4:18pm: Curtis Granderson pulled up lame while running from first to third against the White Sox and has been diagnosed with a strained groin after leaving this afternoon’s game.
Granderson stumbled as he rounded second base and then had to hop the final 50 feet or so to third base in obvious pain. He’s headed to the hospital for an MRI exam, but suffice it to say he seems likely to miss some time.
Randy Winn replaced him in the lineup, with Brett Gardner shifting from left field to center field defensively. New York would likely platoon Winn and Marcus Thames for however long Granderson is sidelined.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)