May 1, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: Further tests revealed a Grade 2 strain of Granderson’s left groin, according to the Bergen Record’s Pete Caldera. He has already been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss up to four weeks.
4:18pm: Curtis Granderson pulled up lame while running from first to third against the White Sox and has been diagnosed with a strained groin after leaving this afternoon’s game.
Granderson stumbled as he rounded second base and then had to hop the final 50 feet or so to third base in obvious pain. He’s headed to the hospital for an MRI exam, but suffice it to say he seems likely to miss some time.
Randy Winn replaced him in the lineup, with Brett Gardner shifting from left field to center field defensively. New York would likely platoon Winn and Marcus Thames for however long Granderson is sidelined.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)