May 1, 2010, 8:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: Further tests revealed a Grade 2 strain of Granderson’s left groin, according to the Bergen Record’s Pete Caldera. He has already been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could miss up to four weeks.
4:18pm: Curtis Granderson pulled up lame while running from first to third against the White Sox and has been diagnosed with a strained groin after leaving this afternoon’s game.
Granderson stumbled as he rounded second base and then had to hop the final 50 feet or so to third base in obvious pain. He’s headed to the hospital for an MRI exam, but suffice it to say he seems likely to miss some time.
Randy Winn replaced him in the lineup, with Brett Gardner shifting from left field to center field defensively. New York would likely platoon Winn and Marcus Thames for however long Granderson is sidelined.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)