May 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman hadn’t played in nine days with a bum hamstring, but he returned last night and hit
two home runs — both full-count blasts off Ricky Nolasco — to lead the Nationals past the Marlins. Zimmerman ended the night with
the two bombs, a double, a walk and three RBI.
The Mets, Nats and Phillies are all within 1.5 games of each other. The Marlins are three back. Despite their horrific skid, the Braves are only five back.
Like I said a couple of hours ago: the NL East is going to be fun times.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)