May 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman hadn’t played in nine days with a bum hamstring, but he returned last night and hit
two home runs — both full-count blasts off Ricky Nolasco — to lead the Nationals past the Marlins. Zimmerman ended the night with
the two bombs, a double, a walk and three RBI.
The Mets, Nats and Phillies are all within 1.5 games of each other. The Marlins are three back. Despite their horrific skid, the Braves are only five back.
Like I said a couple of hours ago: the NL East is going to be fun times.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)