May 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman hadn’t played in nine days with a bum hamstring, but he returned last night and hit
two home runs — both full-count blasts off Ricky Nolasco — to lead the Nationals past the Marlins. Zimmerman ended the night with
the two bombs, a double, a walk and three RBI.
The Mets, Nats and Phillies are all within 1.5 games of each other. The Marlins are three back. Despite their horrific skid, the Braves are only five back.
Like I said a couple of hours ago: the NL East is going to be fun times.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)