May 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman hadn’t played in nine days with a bum hamstring, but he returned last night and hit
two home runs — both full-count blasts off Ricky Nolasco — to lead the Nationals past the Marlins. Zimmerman ended the night with
the two bombs, a double, a walk and three RBI.
The Mets, Nats and Phillies are all within 1.5 games of each other. The Marlins are three back. Despite their horrific skid, the Braves are only five back.
Like I said a couple of hours ago: the NL East is going to be fun times.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 0
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 18
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4