May 1, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman hadn’t played in nine days with a bum hamstring, but he returned last night and hit
two home runs — both full-count blasts off Ricky Nolasco — to lead the Nationals past the Marlins. Zimmerman ended the night with
the two bombs, a double, a walk and three RBI.
The Mets, Nats and Phillies are all within 1.5 games of each other. The Marlins are three back. Despite their horrific skid, the Braves are only five back.
Like I said a couple of hours ago: the NL East is going to be fun times.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)