May 2, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald reports that injured left-hander Erik Bedard threw a bullpen session this weekend and may be nearing simulated action.
Bedard has been out of commission all year as he attempts to rehab yet another shoulder injury. He had a frustrating spring training and got little going in April, but things are beginning to pick up. The Mariners are hoping he will be in their big league rotation by the end of May.
The 31-year-old southpaw tallied only 83 innings last year and produced a respectable 2.82 ERA and 1.19 WHIP over that time. We all know what he’s capable of when truly healthy, and so do the M’s. It’s why they gave him a one-year, $1.5 million contract with an $8 million mutual option for
2011 during this past offseason.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)