May 2, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald reports that injured left-hander Erik Bedard threw a bullpen session this weekend and may be nearing simulated action.
Bedard has been out of commission all year as he attempts to rehab yet another shoulder injury. He had a frustrating spring training and got little going in April, but things are beginning to pick up. The Mariners are hoping he will be in their big league rotation by the end of May.
The 31-year-old southpaw tallied only 83 innings last year and produced a respectable 2.82 ERA and 1.19 WHIP over that time. We all know what he’s capable of when truly healthy, and so do the M’s. It’s why they gave him a one-year, $1.5 million contract with an $8 million mutual option for
2011 during this past offseason.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 142
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)