May 2, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald reports that injured left-hander Erik Bedard threw a bullpen session this weekend and may be nearing simulated action.
Bedard has been out of commission all year as he attempts to rehab yet another shoulder injury. He had a frustrating spring training and got little going in April, but things are beginning to pick up. The Mariners are hoping he will be in their big league rotation by the end of May.
The 31-year-old southpaw tallied only 83 innings last year and produced a respectable 2.82 ERA and 1.19 WHIP over that time. We all know what he’s capable of when truly healthy, and so do the M’s. It’s why they gave him a one-year, $1.5 million contract with an $8 million mutual option for
2011 during this past offseason.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)