May 2, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald reports that injured left-hander Erik Bedard threw a bullpen session this weekend and may be nearing simulated action.
Bedard has been out of commission all year as he attempts to rehab yet another shoulder injury. He had a frustrating spring training and got little going in April, but things are beginning to pick up. The Mariners are hoping he will be in their big league rotation by the end of May.
The 31-year-old southpaw tallied only 83 innings last year and produced a respectable 2.82 ERA and 1.19 WHIP over that time. We all know what he’s capable of when truly healthy, and so do the M’s. It’s why they gave him a one-year, $1.5 million contract with an $8 million mutual option for
2011 during this past offseason.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)