May 2, 2010, 10:29 AM EDT
Kirby Arnold of the Everett Herald reports that injured left-hander Erik Bedard threw a bullpen session this weekend and may be nearing simulated action.
Bedard has been out of commission all year as he attempts to rehab yet another shoulder injury. He had a frustrating spring training and got little going in April, but things are beginning to pick up. The Mariners are hoping he will be in their big league rotation by the end of May.
The 31-year-old southpaw tallied only 83 innings last year and produced a respectable 2.82 ERA and 1.19 WHIP over that time. We all know what he’s capable of when truly healthy, and so do the M’s. It’s why they gave him a one-year, $1.5 million contract with an $8 million mutual option for
2011 during this past offseason.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)