May 2, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts has been sidelined since April 9 — pretty much all season — with a strained abdominal muscle. According to the Baltimore Sun, he “remains at least three weeks away from returning to the lineup, and that’s probably the best case scenario.”
“At this point, we just don’t really have a timetable yet,” Roberts said Sunday. “We’re continuing to do some physical therapy. I don’t know. It
could be three weeks from now, it could be three months from now.
Honestly, I don’t know.”
As of now, season-ending surgery is not an option. But that could change. The Orioles have started 6-18 this year without their spark plug and are buried in a star-studded American League East. It makes no sense, then, for the O’s to rush Roberts back. An ugly situation in Baltimore is only getting uglier.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup