May 2, 2010, 1:28 PM EDT
Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts has been sidelined since April 9 — pretty much all season — with a strained abdominal muscle. According to the Baltimore Sun, he “remains at least three weeks away from returning to the lineup, and that’s probably the best case scenario.”
“At this point, we just don’t really have a timetable yet,” Roberts said Sunday. “We’re continuing to do some physical therapy. I don’t know. It
could be three weeks from now, it could be three months from now.
Honestly, I don’t know.”
As of now, season-ending surgery is not an option. But that could change. The Orioles have started 6-18 this year without their spark plug and are buried in a star-studded American League East. It makes no sense, then, for the O’s to rush Roberts back. An ugly situation in Baltimore is only getting uglier.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)