May 3, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Padres’ special assistant Dave Roberts — who is best known for his stolen base in the 2004 ALCS — has Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Roberts says the cancer was detected early and that the prognosis is good. He
has undergone two rounds of chemotherapy.
Good to hear that things seem optimistic as far as these things go. But as all doctor’s will tell you, keeping one’s spirits up is an important part of any medical treatment. Accordingly, I hereby prescribe this, to be taken visually, three times a day.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)