May 3, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Padres’ special assistant Dave Roberts — who is best known for his stolen base in the 2004 ALCS — has Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Roberts says the cancer was detected early and that the prognosis is good. He
has undergone two rounds of chemotherapy.
Good to hear that things seem optimistic as far as these things go. But as all doctor’s will tell you, keeping one’s spirits up is an important part of any medical treatment. Accordingly, I hereby prescribe this, to be taken visually, three times a day.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)