May 3, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Padres’ special assistant Dave Roberts — who is best known for his stolen base in the 2004 ALCS — has Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Roberts says the cancer was detected early and that the prognosis is good. He
has undergone two rounds of chemotherapy.
Good to hear that things seem optimistic as far as these things go. But as all doctor’s will tell you, keeping one’s spirits up is an important part of any medical treatment. Accordingly, I hereby prescribe this, to be taken visually, three times a day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)