May 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports on a short and sweet mound meeting during the top of the ninth inning in yesterday’s Red Sox-Orioles game:
With right-hander Matt Albers ready in the bullpen, I think most people
who have watched the Orioles this season expected Trembley to yank
Ohman. Instead he walked to the mound and said, “Get this [son of a gun]
out,” and then turned around and headed back to the dugout. Short,
sweet and to the point.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Trembley didn’t really say “son of a gun,” but I like it all the same. It’s kind of like Dorn talking to Vaughn right before he comes in to face the Yankees in the final game of the season.
Except I’m guessing that Ohman didn’t sleep with Trembley’s wife just before the game.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 23
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)