May 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports on a short and sweet mound meeting during the top of the ninth inning in yesterday’s Red Sox-Orioles game:
With right-hander Matt Albers ready in the bullpen, I think most people
who have watched the Orioles this season expected Trembley to yank
Ohman. Instead he walked to the mound and said, “Get this [son of a gun]
out,” and then turned around and headed back to the dugout. Short,
sweet and to the point.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Trembley didn’t really say “son of a gun,” but I like it all the same. It’s kind of like Dorn talking to Vaughn right before he comes in to face the Yankees in the final game of the season.
Except I’m guessing that Ohman didn’t sleep with Trembley’s wife just before the game.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)