May 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports on a short and sweet mound meeting during the top of the ninth inning in yesterday’s Red Sox-Orioles game:
With right-hander Matt Albers ready in the bullpen, I think most people
who have watched the Orioles this season expected Trembley to yank
Ohman. Instead he walked to the mound and said, “Get this [son of a gun]
out,” and then turned around and headed back to the dugout. Short,
sweet and to the point.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Trembley didn’t really say “son of a gun,” but I like it all the same. It’s kind of like Dorn talking to Vaughn right before he comes in to face the Yankees in the final game of the season.
Except I’m guessing that Ohman didn’t sleep with Trembley’s wife just before the game.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29