May 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EST
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports on a short and sweet mound meeting during the top of the ninth inning in yesterday’s Red Sox-Orioles game:
With right-hander Matt Albers ready in the bullpen, I think most people
who have watched the Orioles this season expected Trembley to yank
Ohman. Instead he walked to the mound and said, “Get this [son of a gun]
out,” and then turned around and headed back to the dugout. Short,
sweet and to the point.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Trembley didn’t really say “son of a gun,” but I like it all the same. It’s kind of like Dorn talking to Vaughn right before he comes in to face the Yankees in the final game of the season.
Except I’m guessing that Ohman didn’t sleep with Trembley’s wife just before the game.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)