May 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports on a short and sweet mound meeting during the top of the ninth inning in yesterday’s Red Sox-Orioles game:
With right-hander Matt Albers ready in the bullpen, I think most people
who have watched the Orioles this season expected Trembley to yank
Ohman. Instead he walked to the mound and said, “Get this [son of a gun]
out,” and then turned around and headed back to the dugout. Short,
sweet and to the point.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Trembley didn’t really say “son of a gun,” but I like it all the same. It’s kind of like Dorn talking to Vaughn right before he comes in to face the Yankees in the final game of the season.
Except I’m guessing that Ohman didn’t sleep with Trembley’s wife just before the game.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)