May 3, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins began a running program last week, but said Sunday that his strained calf remains sore and speculated that he won’t be ready to come off the disabled list for at least two more weeks.
I’ve had pulled muscles, strained my groin and missed a game. Something like this where it felt like somebody shot you? I’ve never been in this situation.
Rollins got off to a great start, hitting .391 with a 1.255 OPS through seven games, but hasn’t played since April 12 and is now aiming for a late-May return. Offensive non-factor Juan Castro has started 15 of 17 games in his absence.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)