May 3, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins began a running program last week, but said Sunday that his strained calf remains sore and speculated that he won’t be ready to come off the disabled list for at least two more weeks.
I’ve had pulled muscles, strained my groin and missed a game. Something like this where it felt like somebody shot you? I’ve never been in this situation.
Rollins got off to a great start, hitting .391 with a 1.255 OPS through seven games, but hasn’t played since April 12 and is now aiming for a late-May return. Offensive non-factor Juan Castro has started 15 of 17 games in his absence.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)