May 3, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
Jimmy Rollins began a running program last week, but said Sunday that his strained calf remains sore and speculated that he won’t be ready to come off the disabled list for at least two more weeks.
I’ve had pulled muscles, strained my groin and missed a game. Something like this where it felt like somebody shot you? I’ve never been in this situation.
Rollins got off to a great start, hitting .391 with a 1.255 OPS through seven games, but hasn’t played since April 12 and is now aiming for a late-May return. Offensive non-factor Juan Castro has started 15 of 17 games in his absence.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)