May 3, 2010, 9:45 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins began a running program last week, but said Sunday that his strained calf remains sore and speculated that he won’t be ready to come off the disabled list for at least two more weeks.
I’ve had pulled muscles, strained my groin and missed a game. Something like this where it felt like somebody shot you? I’ve never been in this situation.
Rollins got off to a great start, hitting .391 with a 1.255 OPS through seven games, but hasn’t played since April 12 and is now aiming for a late-May return. Offensive non-factor Juan Castro has started 15 of 17 games in his absence.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 11
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (134)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)