May 3, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
UPDATE: Posada is listed as day-to-day after an MRI revealed a mild calf strain, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. He’ll likely be out of the lineup until at least Friday, prompting the Bombers to make a roster move. Look for veteran backstop Chad Moeller to get the call from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
9:03 PM: Jorge Posada exited Monday’s game against the Orioles after the fifth inning due to tightness in his right calf, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI tonight.
Posada, who turns 39 in August, is batting .290/.364/.580 with five homers and 12 RBI over his first 69 at-bats this season. He missed three starts last week due to a right knee contusion.
Francisco Cervelli replaced Posada to begin the sixth inning and will continue to fill in should the veteran backstop have to miss any significant amount of time. Cervelli, 24, is batting .346/.433/.385 with six RBI in 26 at-bats for the Bombers this season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)