May 3, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
UPDATE: Posada is listed as day-to-day after an MRI revealed a mild calf strain, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. He’ll likely be out of the lineup until at least Friday, prompting the Bombers to make a roster move. Look for veteran backstop Chad Moeller to get the call from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
9:03 PM: Jorge Posada exited Monday’s game against the Orioles after the fifth inning due to tightness in his right calf, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI tonight.
Posada, who turns 39 in August, is batting .290/.364/.580 with five homers and 12 RBI over his first 69 at-bats this season. He missed three starts last week due to a right knee contusion.
Francisco Cervelli replaced Posada to begin the sixth inning and will continue to fill in should the veteran backstop have to miss any significant amount of time. Cervelli, 24, is batting .346/.433/.385 with six RBI in 26 at-bats for the Bombers this season.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)