May 3, 2010, 11:03 PM EST
UPDATE: Posada is listed as day-to-day after an MRI revealed a mild calf strain, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. He’ll likely be out of the lineup until at least Friday, prompting the Bombers to make a roster move. Look for veteran backstop Chad Moeller to get the call from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
9:03 PM: Jorge Posada exited Monday’s game against the Orioles after the fifth inning due to tightness in his right calf, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI tonight.
Posada, who turns 39 in August, is batting .290/.364/.580 with five homers and 12 RBI over his first 69 at-bats this season. He missed three starts last week due to a right knee contusion.
Francisco Cervelli replaced Posada to begin the sixth inning and will continue to fill in should the veteran backstop have to miss any significant amount of time. Cervelli, 24, is batting .346/.433/.385 with six RBI in 26 at-bats for the Bombers this season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)