May 3, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
UPDATE: Posada is listed as day-to-day after an MRI revealed a mild calf strain, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. He’ll likely be out of the lineup until at least Friday, prompting the Bombers to make a roster move. Look for veteran backstop Chad Moeller to get the call from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
9:03 PM: Jorge Posada exited Monday’s game against the Orioles after the fifth inning due to tightness in his right calf, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI tonight.
Posada, who turns 39 in August, is batting .290/.364/.580 with five homers and 12 RBI over his first 69 at-bats this season. He missed three starts last week due to a right knee contusion.
Francisco Cervelli replaced Posada to begin the sixth inning and will continue to fill in should the veteran backstop have to miss any significant amount of time. Cervelli, 24, is batting .346/.433/.385 with six RBI in 26 at-bats for the Bombers this season.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (104)