May 3, 2010, 5:42 PM EST
You’ll recall that Ryan Madson broke a toe kicking a chair after blowing a save against the Giants last Wednesday. A game the Giants won, by the way, so Madson’s teammates probably didn’t much appreciate his selfish little display, but that’s another post. Madson went on the 15 day DL.
Turns out to have been a pretty gnarly toe break, because Todd Zolecki is reporting that Madson is going to have surgery on the thing tomorrow. No sense of how long this will keep him on the sidelines, but you’d figure it would be for a decent amount of time because that’s why they call it surgery.
Unless it’s a toe transplant, of course, which is surprisingly minor. I mean, I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don’t wanna
know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon. With nail
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (76)