May 3, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Ryan Madson broke a toe kicking a chair after blowing a save against the Giants last Wednesday. A game the Giants won, by the way, so Madson’s teammates probably didn’t much appreciate his selfish little display, but that’s another post. Madson went on the 15 day DL.
Turns out to have been a pretty gnarly toe break, because Todd Zolecki is reporting that Madson is going to have surgery on the thing tomorrow. No sense of how long this will keep him on the sidelines, but you’d figure it would be for a decent amount of time because that’s why they call it surgery.
Unless it’s a toe transplant, of course, which is surprisingly minor. I mean, I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don’t wanna
know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon. With nail
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8