May 3, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Ryan Madson broke a toe kicking a chair after blowing a save against the Giants last Wednesday. A game the Giants won, by the way, so Madson’s teammates probably didn’t much appreciate his selfish little display, but that’s another post. Madson went on the 15 day DL.
Turns out to have been a pretty gnarly toe break, because Todd Zolecki is reporting that Madson is going to have surgery on the thing tomorrow. No sense of how long this will keep him on the sidelines, but you’d figure it would be for a decent amount of time because that’s why they call it surgery.
Unless it’s a toe transplant, of course, which is surprisingly minor. I mean, I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don’t wanna
know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon. With nail
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (246)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)