May 3, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Ryan Madson broke a toe kicking a chair after blowing a save against the Giants last Wednesday. A game the Giants won, by the way, so Madson’s teammates probably didn’t much appreciate his selfish little display, but that’s another post. Madson went on the 15 day DL.
Turns out to have been a pretty gnarly toe break, because Todd Zolecki is reporting that Madson is going to have surgery on the thing tomorrow. No sense of how long this will keep him on the sidelines, but you’d figure it would be for a decent amount of time because that’s why they call it surgery.
Unless it’s a toe transplant, of course, which is surprisingly minor. I mean, I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don’t wanna
know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon. With nail
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)