May 3, 2010, 9:59 AM EST
I’m moderately hostile to luxury suites in ballparks, but Sports Business Journal reports that the Indians are improving the concept somewhat:
The Cleveland Indians have redeveloped
a vacant suite at Progressive Field into a “fan cave” with a pool table
as its centerpiece . . . The space has six high-definition
televisions, along with a Nintendo Wii
and old-school arcade games such as Pac-
Man, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
The best part: the suite’s bathroom is stocked with toilet paper featuring the opposing team’s logo for that day’s game. Well, the Galaga is the best part, but the T.P. comes in a close second. The whole deal goes for $3000 a game and that includes the usual suitey things such as food and beer.
I can see enjoying a party in a place like that. Pretty economical too if you get enough beer drinking buddies to come along. And if the Galaga doesn’t actually require quarters.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 18
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 132
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (133)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)