May 3, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
I’m moderately hostile to luxury suites in ballparks, but Sports Business Journal reports that the Indians are improving the concept somewhat:
The Cleveland Indians have redeveloped
a vacant suite at Progressive Field into a “fan cave” with a pool table
as its centerpiece . . . The space has six high-definition
televisions, along with a Nintendo Wii
and old-school arcade games such as Pac-
Man, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
The best part: the suite’s bathroom is stocked with toilet paper featuring the opposing team’s logo for that day’s game. Well, the Galaga is the best part, but the T.P. comes in a close second. The whole deal goes for $3000 a game and that includes the usual suitey things such as food and beer.
I can see enjoying a party in a place like that. Pretty economical too if you get enough beer drinking buddies to come along. And if the Galaga doesn’t actually require quarters.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)