May 3, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
I’m moderately hostile to luxury suites in ballparks, but Sports Business Journal reports that the Indians are improving the concept somewhat:
The Cleveland Indians have redeveloped
a vacant suite at Progressive Field into a “fan cave” with a pool table
as its centerpiece . . . The space has six high-definition
televisions, along with a Nintendo Wii
and old-school arcade games such as Pac-
Man, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
The best part: the suite’s bathroom is stocked with toilet paper featuring the opposing team’s logo for that day’s game. Well, the Galaga is the best part, but the T.P. comes in a close second. The whole deal goes for $3000 a game and that includes the usual suitey things such as food and beer.
I can see enjoying a party in a place like that. Pretty economical too if you get enough beer drinking buddies to come along. And if the Galaga doesn’t actually require quarters.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)