May 3, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
I’m moderately hostile to luxury suites in ballparks, but Sports Business Journal reports that the Indians are improving the concept somewhat:
The Cleveland Indians have redeveloped
a vacant suite at Progressive Field into a “fan cave” with a pool table
as its centerpiece . . . The space has six high-definition
televisions, along with a Nintendo Wii
and old-school arcade games such as Pac-
Man, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
The best part: the suite’s bathroom is stocked with toilet paper featuring the opposing team’s logo for that day’s game. Well, the Galaga is the best part, but the T.P. comes in a close second. The whole deal goes for $3000 a game and that includes the usual suitey things such as food and beer.
I can see enjoying a party in a place like that. Pretty economical too if you get enough beer drinking buddies to come along. And if the Galaga doesn’t actually require quarters.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)