May 3, 2010, 9:59 AM EDT
I’m moderately hostile to luxury suites in ballparks, but Sports Business Journal reports that the Indians are improving the concept somewhat:
The Cleveland Indians have redeveloped
a vacant suite at Progressive Field into a “fan cave” with a pool table
as its centerpiece . . . The space has six high-definition
televisions, along with a Nintendo Wii
and old-school arcade games such as Pac-
Man, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
The best part: the suite’s bathroom is stocked with toilet paper featuring the opposing team’s logo for that day’s game. Well, the Galaga is the best part, but the T.P. comes in a close second. The whole deal goes for $3000 a game and that includes the usual suitey things such as food and beer.
I can see enjoying a party in a place like that. Pretty economical too if you get enough beer drinking buddies to come along. And if the Galaga doesn’t actually require quarters.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11