May 3, 2010, 3:10 PM EST
The Slanch Report alerts us to what may be the worst bobblehead ever. It’s the Jason Heyward edition the Gwinnett Braves are putting out, probably out of spite due to Heyward not getting a chance to play for the Gwinnett Braves this year.
As Slanch notes via photographic evidence, the bobblehead looks nothing like Heyward. As he said to me on Twitter, one gets the sense that they just pulled “Generic Black Face #4″ out of the bin, slapped it on and figured that commerce would take its course. Which it probably will — people at the card show I went to yesterday were poised to give their organs for any old thing with Heyward’s face on it — but it doesn’t make it right.
Anyway, I’ve been staring at the Heyward bobblehead for many long minutes trying to figure out who it actually looks like. Best I can come up with is C. Thomas Howell in “Soul Man.” Which, you may be shocked to learn, does not hold up as an entertainment.
UPDATE: OK, as a couple of you have pointed out, the Heyward doll isn’t the worst bobblehead ever. Brian Roberts takes that honor.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)