Nice deterrence! A copycat fan runs onto the field in Philly

May 4, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT

For the second day in a row a fan has run onto the field in Philadelphia. This time it was in the ninth inning of the just-completed Phillies-Cardinals game.  The man hopped the outfield wall, ran on the warning track and was apprehended without incident.

And without tasers, I feel obligated to add.  Which is probably disappointing to everyone in the “you deserve what you get when you run onto the field” camp from today’s mega-thread. But that’s what happens when you treat perpetrators on a case-by-case basis and try to detain them rather than assume everyone who runs onto the field is a terrorist and try to get your pound of flesh.

In other news, I suspect that the Phillies will now commence a Level One review of their alcohol sales policy, because things are really getting out of hand in Citizens Bank Ballpark.

1. Motherscratcher - May 5, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Don’t sell yourself short, Joey. What you posted was WAY more stupid. Kudos.

2. Joey B - May 5, 2010 at 12:43 PM

3. Motherscratcher - May 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM

“Look, I grow weary of people attacking me because I am a homosexual. Get over yourselves.”
    What in God’s name are you blathering about?

4. Joey B - May 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Someone disagreeing with my views is trying to shut me up. It’s an imposter. It’s the nature of political debate these days. It betrays an inability to articulate anything approaching intellectual discourse.

5. Motherscratcher - May 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM

A's, Tigers big winners at trade deadline