May 4, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
For the second day in a row a fan has run onto the field in Philadelphia. This time it was in the ninth inning of the just-completed Phillies-Cardinals game. The man hopped the outfield wall, ran on the warning track and was apprehended without incident.
And without tasers, I feel obligated to add. Which is probably disappointing to everyone in the “you deserve what you get when you run onto the field” camp from today’s mega-thread. But that’s what happens when you treat perpetrators on a case-by-case basis and try to detain them rather than assume everyone who runs onto the field is a terrorist and try to get your pound of flesh.
In other news, I suspect that the Phillies will now commence a Level One review of their alcohol sales policy, because things are really getting out of hand in Citizens Bank Ballpark.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11