May 4, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
For the second day in a row a fan has run onto the field in Philadelphia. This time it was in the ninth inning of the just-completed Phillies-Cardinals game. The man hopped the outfield wall, ran on the warning track and was apprehended without incident.
And without tasers, I feel obligated to add. Which is probably disappointing to everyone in the “you deserve what you get when you run onto the field” camp from today’s mega-thread. But that’s what happens when you treat perpetrators on a case-by-case basis and try to detain them rather than assume everyone who runs onto the field is a terrorist and try to get your pound of flesh.
In other news, I suspect that the Phillies will now commence a Level One review of their alcohol sales policy, because things are really getting out of hand in Citizens Bank Ballpark.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)