May 4, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
For the second day in a row a fan has run onto the field in Philadelphia. This time it was in the ninth inning of the just-completed Phillies-Cardinals game. The man hopped the outfield wall, ran on the warning track and was apprehended without incident.
And without tasers, I feel obligated to add. Which is probably disappointing to everyone in the “you deserve what you get when you run onto the field” camp from today’s mega-thread. But that’s what happens when you treat perpetrators on a case-by-case basis and try to detain them rather than assume everyone who runs onto the field is a terrorist and try to get your pound of flesh.
In other news, I suspect that the Phillies will now commence a Level One review of their alcohol sales policy, because things are really getting out of hand in Citizens Bank Ballpark.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)