May 4, 2010, 10:26 PM EDT
For the second day in a row a fan has run onto the field in Philadelphia. This time it was in the ninth inning of the just-completed Phillies-Cardinals game. The man hopped the outfield wall, ran on the warning track and was apprehended without incident.
And without tasers, I feel obligated to add. Which is probably disappointing to everyone in the “you deserve what you get when you run onto the field” camp from today’s mega-thread. But that’s what happens when you treat perpetrators on a case-by-case basis and try to detain them rather than assume everyone who runs onto the field is a terrorist and try to get your pound of flesh.
In other news, I suspect that the Phillies will now commence a Level One review of their alcohol sales policy, because things are really getting out of hand in Citizens Bank Ballpark.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)