May 4, 2010, 6:16 PM EST
Rafael Furcal, who hasn’t played since April 27 because of strained left hamstring, was placed on the disabled list Tuesday and replaced by Nick Green on the Dodgers’ roster.
The Dodgers gave Furcal a week to see if he could recover without a DL stint, but the 32-year-old shortstop has never been known as a quick healer. Jamey Carroll has been filling if for him and will probably continue to get most of the starts over Green.
Furcal was off to a promising start with the bat (.309/.378/.420) and he was showing more confidence in his legs than he had been in years. In fact, he was 8-for-9 stealing bases in 19 games before going down. He was just 12-for-18 in 150 games last year, and he hasn’t recorded a 30-steal season since 2006.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)