May 4, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
Rafael Furcal, who hasn’t played since April 27 because of strained left hamstring, was placed on the disabled list Tuesday and replaced by Nick Green on the Dodgers’ roster.
The Dodgers gave Furcal a week to see if he could recover without a DL stint, but the 32-year-old shortstop has never been known as a quick healer. Jamey Carroll has been filling if for him and will probably continue to get most of the starts over Green.
Furcal was off to a promising start with the bat (.309/.378/.420) and he was showing more confidence in his legs than he had been in years. In fact, he was 8-for-9 stealing bases in 19 games before going down. He was just 12-for-18 in 150 games last year, and he hasn’t recorded a 30-steal season since 2006.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)