May 4, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
Charlie Manuel said Monday afternoon that Brad Lidge wasn’t ready to resume closing yet, but apparently changed his mind following a scoreless inning just a few hours later.
After the game Manuel said:
Tonight he looked ready. His slider was better. His fastball was better. Everything about it was better.
Ryan Madson is set to undergo toe surgery Tuesday, so the path has definitely been cleared for Lidge to reclaim ninth-inning duties in Philadelphia.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)