May 4, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
It’s all relative of course: 41,571 souls watched last night’s Yankees-Orioles game. That would make it the season’s largest crowd at many establishments (indeed, several parks don’t even hold that many people) but it is the lowest the Yankees have drawn since moving into the new park last year.
Ross at Stadium Insider noted that tickets for the game were going for $5 on StubHub including all fees. I guess the Orioles aren’t the most exciting opponent on the planet. I guess, at some point, the Yankees’ excellence gets a tad boring.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)