May 4, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
It’s all relative of course: 41,571 souls watched last night’s Yankees-Orioles game. That would make it the season’s largest crowd at many establishments (indeed, several parks don’t even hold that many people) but it is the lowest the Yankees have drawn since moving into the new park last year.
Ross at Stadium Insider noted that tickets for the game were going for $5 on StubHub including all fees. I guess the Orioles aren’t the most exciting opponent on the planet. I guess, at some point, the Yankees’ excellence gets a tad boring.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 9
- The Lester trade is a win-win 97
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 153
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (156)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)