May 4, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
It’s all relative of course: 41,571 souls watched last night’s Yankees-Orioles game. That would make it the season’s largest crowd at many establishments (indeed, several parks don’t even hold that many people) but it is the lowest the Yankees have drawn since moving into the new park last year.
Ross at Stadium Insider noted that tickets for the game were going for $5 on StubHub including all fees. I guess the Orioles aren’t the most exciting opponent on the planet. I guess, at some point, the Yankees’ excellence gets a tad boring.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)