May 4, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
It’s all relative of course: 41,571 souls watched last night’s Yankees-Orioles game. That would make it the season’s largest crowd at many establishments (indeed, several parks don’t even hold that many people) but it is the lowest the Yankees have drawn since moving into the new park last year.
Ross at Stadium Insider noted that tickets for the game were going for $5 on StubHub including all fees. I guess the Orioles aren’t the most exciting opponent on the planet. I guess, at some point, the Yankees’ excellence gets a tad boring.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)