May 4, 2010, 9:10 AM EST
It’s all relative of course: 41,571 souls watched last night’s Yankees-Orioles game. That would make it the season’s largest crowd at many establishments (indeed, several parks don’t even hold that many people) but it is the lowest the Yankees have drawn since moving into the new park last year.
Ross at Stadium Insider noted that tickets for the game were going for $5 on StubHub including all fees. I guess the Orioles aren’t the most exciting opponent on the planet. I guess, at some point, the Yankees’ excellence gets a tad boring.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)