May 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
What’s that you ask? Why, a comparison between Stephen Strasburg and Mark Prior, which is what Rob Neyer is offering today.
It’s not a scary comparison — he’s talking about their brief minor league tracks, not mechanics or injuries or anything — but it’s an unsettling reference all the same. One that makes you realize, if only for a moment, that, thanks to injures and cruel damn fate, there really is no such thing as a pitching prospect.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40