May 4, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
I’m not sure what’s the most surprising thing about this article:
1. That the Giants are on pace to hit into 209 double plays, which would beat the current record by a country mile;
2. That the Giants’ offense has actually produced enough base runners to hit into that many double plays; or
3. That the current record — 174 — was set by a team that was actually pretty good: the 1990 Red Sox.
What does not surprise me is that Pablo Sandoval leads the team with eight Gidps. Dude ain’t fast.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)