May 4, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says that he’s looking to improve the M’s anemic offense, but there’s just nothing happening out there:
“I’ve made a tremendous amount of
phone calls. I continue to make phone calls. I’ve made several
phone calls in the last three or four days. But
it’s like hunting season. It’s not hunting season right now.
Add Seattle to the Prince Fielder pile, I guess.
More important, though, is for all of us to think back and figure out how no one was screaming particularly loudly about just how bad this Mariners offense was over the winter. Because it’s not like someone is just cratering or anything. Just about all of their hitters are performing within the realm of the possible, as viewed back in December or January. I largely missed this too, at least until I started thinking hard about the team for the season previews in March.
Lots of light in Seattle this past offeseason. Very little heat, though.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)