May 4, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says that he’s looking to improve the M’s anemic offense, but there’s just nothing happening out there:
“I’ve made a tremendous amount of
phone calls. I continue to make phone calls. I’ve made several
phone calls in the last three or four days. But
it’s like hunting season. It’s not hunting season right now.
Add Seattle to the Prince Fielder pile, I guess.
More important, though, is for all of us to think back and figure out how no one was screaming particularly loudly about just how bad this Mariners offense was over the winter. Because it’s not like someone is just cratering or anything. Just about all of their hitters are performing within the realm of the possible, as viewed back in December or January. I largely missed this too, at least until I started thinking hard about the team for the season previews in March.
Lots of light in Seattle this past offeseason. Very little heat, though.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11