May 4, 2010, 2:26 PM EST
Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says that he’s looking to improve the M’s anemic offense, but there’s just nothing happening out there:
“I’ve made a tremendous amount of
phone calls. I continue to make phone calls. I’ve made several
phone calls in the last three or four days. But
it’s like hunting season. It’s not hunting season right now.
Add Seattle to the Prince Fielder pile, I guess.
More important, though, is for all of us to think back and figure out how no one was screaming particularly loudly about just how bad this Mariners offense was over the winter. Because it’s not like someone is just cratering or anything. Just about all of their hitters are performing within the realm of the possible, as viewed back in December or January. I largely missed this too, at least until I started thinking hard about the team for the season previews in March.
Lots of light in Seattle this past offeseason. Very little heat, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)