May 4, 2010, 2:26 PM EST
Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik says that he’s looking to improve the M’s anemic offense, but there’s just nothing happening out there:
“I’ve made a tremendous amount of
phone calls. I continue to make phone calls. I’ve made several
phone calls in the last three or four days. But
it’s like hunting season. It’s not hunting season right now.
Add Seattle to the Prince Fielder pile, I guess.
More important, though, is for all of us to think back and figure out how no one was screaming particularly loudly about just how bad this Mariners offense was over the winter. Because it’s not like someone is just cratering or anything. Just about all of their hitters are performing within the realm of the possible, as viewed back in December or January. I largely missed this too, at least until I started thinking hard about the team for the season previews in March.
Lots of light in Seattle this past offeseason. Very little heat, though.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)