May 5, 2010, 7:09 PM EST
UPDATE: The MRI revealed “mild left elbow inflammation,” according to MLB.com beat writer Bryan Hoch. Pettitte will be evaluated daily and could be forced to miss his next scheduled start. A short stay on the 15-day disabled list is also a possibility.
* * * * * * * * * *
5:10pm: Andy Pettitte pitched reasonably well against the Orioles in today’s 7-5 win today — he went five innings and gave up a single run — but he had to leave after those five innings due to stiffness in his left elbow. That’s his money-makin’ elbow, so the Yankees aren’t messing around with it: he’s been sent
for an MRI.
We likely won’t know anything about his status until tomorrow. Sergio Mitre came in to relieve him today. You’d have to figure that he’d be the guy to take over Pettitte’s spot in the rotation should he have to miss any time.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 285
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)