May 5, 2010, 7:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: The MRI revealed “mild left elbow inflammation,” according to MLB.com beat writer Bryan Hoch. Pettitte will be evaluated daily and could be forced to miss his next scheduled start. A short stay on the 15-day disabled list is also a possibility.
* * * * * * * * * *
5:10pm: Andy Pettitte pitched reasonably well against the Orioles in today’s 7-5 win today — he went five innings and gave up a single run — but he had to leave after those five innings due to stiffness in his left elbow. That’s his money-makin’ elbow, so the Yankees aren’t messing around with it: he’s been sent
for an MRI.
We likely won’t know anything about his status until tomorrow. Sergio Mitre came in to relieve him today. You’d have to figure that he’d be the guy to take over Pettitte’s spot in the rotation should he have to miss any time.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 52
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 47
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 73
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (93)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (86)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery