May 5, 2010, 9:45 AM EDT
After hitting .215 with a lowly .561 OPS through 22 games, Yunel Escobar was placed on the disabled list Tuesday because of a strained groin.
Atlanta called up 24-year-old prospect Brandon Hicks from Triple-A to take his roster spot, but he’s little more than a utility man after putting up terrible numbers in the minors, including hitting just .237 with a .695 OPS at Double-A and .179 in 25 games at Triple-A.
Omar Infante started at shortstop for the fourth straight game last night.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)