May 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The reigning MVP has an MRI on his BLH (bruised left heel) and the news is positive: it’s a soft tissue bruise as opposed to a bone bruise. Doctors and people like that who know about such things tell La Velle Neal of the Strib that the soft tissue stuff is far preferable due to a shorter healing time.
Neal also reports that the Twins and Nike are working on a special shoe for him that will help cushion his heel when he returns. Which is rather surprising because, based on everything we’ve seen in recent months, I was of the impression that Nike is primarily in the image rehabilitation business and only dabbled in athletic footwear.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)