May 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The reigning MVP has an MRI on his BLH (bruised left heel) and the news is positive: it’s a soft tissue bruise as opposed to a bone bruise. Doctors and people like that who know about such things tell La Velle Neal of the Strib that the soft tissue stuff is far preferable due to a shorter healing time.
Neal also reports that the Twins and Nike are working on a special shoe for him that will help cushion his heel when he returns. Which is rather surprising because, based on everything we’ve seen in recent months, I was of the impression that Nike is primarily in the image rehabilitation business and only dabbled in athletic footwear.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)