May 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
The reigning MVP has an MRI on his BLH (bruised left heel) and the news is positive: it’s a soft tissue bruise as opposed to a bone bruise. Doctors and people like that who know about such things tell La Velle Neal of the Strib that the soft tissue stuff is far preferable due to a shorter healing time.
Neal also reports that the Twins and Nike are working on a special shoe for him that will help cushion his heel when he returns. Which is rather surprising because, based on everything we’ve seen in recent months, I was of the impression that Nike is primarily in the image rehabilitation business and only dabbled in athletic footwear.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)