May 5, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The reigning MVP has an MRI on his BLH (bruised left heel) and the news is positive: it’s a soft tissue bruise as opposed to a bone bruise. Doctors and people like that who know about such things tell La Velle Neal of the Strib that the soft tissue stuff is far preferable due to a shorter healing time.
Neal also reports that the Twins and Nike are working on a special shoe for him that will help cushion his heel when he returns. Which is rather surprising because, based on everything we’ve seen in recent months, I was of the impression that Nike is primarily in the image rehabilitation business and only dabbled in athletic footwear.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)