May 5, 2010, 3:10 PM EST
He didn’t say anything along those lines, but a little bird told me that Jermaine Dye is angling for an invite to the American Century Celebrity Golf
Championship* that will be held in Lake Tahoe in
mid-July. Or, as we call it around these parts “baseball season.” That suggests that Dye isn’t exactly confident that he’ll find work in the majors any time soon.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that he’ll get an invite to the tournament, and even if he does he could cancel if he were
he to be signed by
a team [cough!] Mariners [cough!]. But it does appear as though he’s setting up his life with a post-baseball mindset.
*Full disclosure: NBC Sports is
a major sponsor and is the broadcaster of the tournament. Additional
disclosure: I can’t golf, but I’m telling everyone at NBC that I can and I want to go because my birthday falls during the tourney this year and I hear they give great birthday specials at the Lakeside Inn buffet in Stateline, NV.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 230
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (228)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)