May 5, 2010, 3:10 PM EST
He didn’t say anything along those lines, but a little bird told me that Jermaine Dye is angling for an invite to the American Century Celebrity Golf
Championship* that will be held in Lake Tahoe in
mid-July. Or, as we call it around these parts “baseball season.” That suggests that Dye isn’t exactly confident that he’ll find work in the majors any time soon.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that he’ll get an invite to the tournament, and even if he does he could cancel if he were
he to be signed by
a team [cough!] Mariners [cough!]. But it does appear as though he’s setting up his life with a post-baseball mindset.
*Full disclosure: NBC Sports is
a major sponsor and is the broadcaster of the tournament. Additional
disclosure: I can’t golf, but I’m telling everyone at NBC that I can and I want to go because my birthday falls during the tourney this year and I hear they give great birthday specials at the Lakeside Inn buffet in Stateline, NV.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)