May 5, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
He didn’t say anything along those lines, but a little bird told me that Jermaine Dye is angling for an invite to the American Century Celebrity Golf
Championship* that will be held in Lake Tahoe in
mid-July. Or, as we call it around these parts “baseball season.” That suggests that Dye isn’t exactly confident that he’ll find work in the majors any time soon.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that he’ll get an invite to the tournament, and even if he does he could cancel if he were
he to be signed by
a team [cough!] Mariners [cough!]. But it does appear as though he’s setting up his life with a post-baseball mindset.
*Full disclosure: NBC Sports is
a major sponsor and is the broadcaster of the tournament. Additional
disclosure: I can’t golf, but I’m telling everyone at NBC that I can and I want to go because my birthday falls during the tourney this year and I hear they give great birthday specials at the Lakeside Inn buffet in Stateline, NV.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11