May 5, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
He didn’t say anything along those lines, but a little bird told me that Jermaine Dye is angling for an invite to the American Century Celebrity Golf
Championship* that will be held in Lake Tahoe in
mid-July. Or, as we call it around these parts “baseball season.” That suggests that Dye isn’t exactly confident that he’ll find work in the majors any time soon.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that he’ll get an invite to the tournament, and even if he does he could cancel if he were
he to be signed by
a team [cough!] Mariners [cough!]. But it does appear as though he’s setting up his life with a post-baseball mindset.
*Full disclosure: NBC Sports is
a major sponsor and is the broadcaster of the tournament. Additional
disclosure: I can’t golf, but I’m telling everyone at NBC that I can and I want to go because my birthday falls during the tourney this year and I hear they give great birthday specials at the Lakeside Inn buffet in Stateline, NV.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)