May 5, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
At this point I’ve completely lost track of the number of calf injuries that have occurred in baseball this season. It’s like the shark attacks in the summer of 2001. They probably always happened, but we’re all of a sudden hearing of them every single day.
The latest victim: Johnny Damon, who left in the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Tigers-Twins game with what’s being described as “calf spasms.” No word on whether this is an injury or if he just needs more potassium or whatever. Updates — breathless updates, befitting the epidemic nature of these calf attacks — as they become available.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)