May 5, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
At this point I’ve completely lost track of the number of calf injuries that have occurred in baseball this season. It’s like the shark attacks in the summer of 2001. They probably always happened, but we’re all of a sudden hearing of them every single day.
The latest victim: Johnny Damon, who left in the fourth inning of this afternoon’s Tigers-Twins game with what’s being described as “calf spasms.” No word on whether this is an injury or if he just needs more potassium or whatever. Updates — breathless updates, befitting the epidemic nature of these calf attacks — as they become available.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)