May 5, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Remember this morning’s post about Milton Bradley getting benched, getting mad and not hanging around for the media after that? Yeah, seems he didn’t even hang around for the end of the game. According to Mike Salk of ESPN 710 in Seattle, he Bradley left the team and the ballpark mid-game:
The Mariners appear to have a serious problem. Milton Bradley left
the team last night in the middle of the game. Bradley apparently left
after striking out looking in the sixth inning with the bases loaded.
According to a source, Bradley yelled at the umpire from the bench
before being told by Don Wakamatsu to cool it. Wakamatsu said that he
would handle the umpire himself. Bradley responded that someone had to
say something and that if Wak wouldn’t, then he would.
According to the source, a few minutes later Bradley walked back over to
the skipper and said, “I’m packing my stuff. I’m out of here.” And
then he left.
If true, this is the second time he’s quit on his team in less than a year. It also is just the latest evidence in the overwhelming case against Milton Bradley being emotionally and psychologically equipped to play major league baseball.
Balls and strikes. That’s what led to this alleged blowup and temper tantrum. The calling of balls and strikes. It’s the most basic part of the game, and if Bradley can’t deal with that, he has no business on a major league roster.
If this report is accurate, the Mariners should cut him immediately and any other general manager who takes a chance on him should have his friggin’ head examined.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)