May 5, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Remember this morning’s post about Milton Bradley getting benched, getting mad and not hanging around for the media after that? Yeah, seems he didn’t even hang around for the end of the game. According to Mike Salk of ESPN 710 in Seattle, he Bradley left the team and the ballpark mid-game:
The Mariners appear to have a serious problem. Milton Bradley left
the team last night in the middle of the game. Bradley apparently left
after striking out looking in the sixth inning with the bases loaded.
According to a source, Bradley yelled at the umpire from the bench
before being told by Don Wakamatsu to cool it. Wakamatsu said that he
would handle the umpire himself. Bradley responded that someone had to
say something and that if Wak wouldn’t, then he would.
According to the source, a few minutes later Bradley walked back over to
the skipper and said, “I’m packing my stuff. I’m out of here.” And
then he left.
If true, this is the second time he’s quit on his team in less than a year. It also is just the latest evidence in the overwhelming case against Milton Bradley being emotionally and psychologically equipped to play major league baseball.
Balls and strikes. That’s what led to this alleged blowup and temper tantrum. The calling of balls and strikes. It’s the most basic part of the game, and if Bradley can’t deal with that, he has no business on a major league roster.
If this report is accurate, the Mariners should cut him immediately and any other general manager who takes a chance on him should have his friggin’ head examined.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)