May 5, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
Remember this morning’s post about Milton Bradley getting benched, getting mad and not hanging around for the media after that? Yeah, seems he didn’t even hang around for the end of the game. According to Mike Salk of ESPN 710 in Seattle, he Bradley left the team and the ballpark mid-game:
The Mariners appear to have a serious problem. Milton Bradley left
the team last night in the middle of the game. Bradley apparently left
after striking out looking in the sixth inning with the bases loaded.
According to a source, Bradley yelled at the umpire from the bench
before being told by Don Wakamatsu to cool it. Wakamatsu said that he
would handle the umpire himself. Bradley responded that someone had to
say something and that if Wak wouldn’t, then he would.
According to the source, a few minutes later Bradley walked back over to
the skipper and said, “I’m packing my stuff. I’m out of here.” And
then he left.
If true, this is the second time he’s quit on his team in less than a year. It also is just the latest evidence in the overwhelming case against Milton Bradley being emotionally and psychologically equipped to play major league baseball.
Balls and strikes. That’s what led to this alleged blowup and temper tantrum. The calling of balls and strikes. It’s the most basic part of the game, and if Bradley can’t deal with that, he has no business on a major league roster.
If this report is accurate, the Mariners should cut him immediately and any other general manager who takes a chance on him should have his friggin’ head examined.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)