May 6, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
“I think this
is the end. You never say never, but I think
this is it. Parts of 11 seasons, man — I gave everything I had to the
game. I can look myself in the mirror and know that I gave it my all.
I’m proud of that.”
Byrnes was always a fun player to watch. That is, unless your team was paying him way too much money based on what he did for one playoff push back in 2007. But based on all of his recent injuries and ineffectiveness, he’s probably being pretty realistic about his future as a player.
He did some stuff for FOX a couple of years ago. You have to figure, therefore, that he’s going to want to get into broadcasting.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)