May 6, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
“I think this
is the end. You never say never, but I think
this is it. Parts of 11 seasons, man — I gave everything I had to the
game. I can look myself in the mirror and know that I gave it my all.
I’m proud of that.”
Byrnes was always a fun player to watch. That is, unless your team was paying him way too much money based on what he did for one playoff push back in 2007. But based on all of his recent injuries and ineffectiveness, he’s probably being pretty realistic about his future as a player.
He did some stuff for FOX a couple of years ago. You have to figure, therefore, that he’s going to want to get into broadcasting.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)