May 6, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Bob Uecker and Joe Torre are just a couple of 70-somethings texting each other:
Torre, the Dodgers manager and Uecker’s onetime Milwaukee Braves teammate and roommate, said he sent a get well message to Uecker via text after the Brewers broadcaster underwent heart surgery last week.
Was Torre surprised to learn that the old-school Uecker was a texter? “Not as surprised as I was to be texting,” Torre joked.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8