May 6, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Bob Uecker and Joe Torre are just a couple of 70-somethings texting each other:
Torre, the Dodgers manager and Uecker’s onetime Milwaukee Braves teammate and roommate, said he sent a get well message to Uecker via text after the Brewers broadcaster underwent heart surgery last week.
Was Torre surprised to learn that the old-school Uecker was a texter? “Not as surprised as I was to be texting,” Torre joked.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (146)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)