May 6, 2010, 11:43 AM EDT
Bob Uecker and Joe Torre are just a couple of 70-somethings texting each other:
Torre, the Dodgers manager and Uecker’s onetime Milwaukee Braves teammate and roommate, said he sent a get well message to Uecker via text after the Brewers broadcaster underwent heart surgery last week.
Was Torre surprised to learn that the old-school Uecker was a texter? “Not as surprised as I was to be texting,” Torre joked.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11