May 6, 2010, 9:31 PM EDT
The Mariners placed outfielder Milton Bradley on the restricted list Thursday to allow him a little more time for reflection on the emotional issues that caused him to leave the clubhouse in the middle of Tuesday’s game.
Bradley is not allowed to be in uniform or travel with the team and can’t return to action for five days. The move cleared a spot on the 25-man roster for Michael Saunders, who will provide outfield depth in Bradley’s absence. Saunders, 23, was batting just .200/.293/.213 with five RBI in 80 at-bats for Triple-A Tacoma but the M’s need bodies.
Bradley, 32, is hitting .214/.313/.371 with two homers and 12 RBI through 70 at-bats this season. He asked for “help” from the Mariners on Wednesday and, according to the Tacoma News Tribune’s Ryan Divish, had his first therapy session this afternoon.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president, Al Avila takes over 0
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 28
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 89
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)