May 6, 2010, 9:31 PM EST
The Mariners placed outfielder Milton Bradley on the restricted list Thursday to allow him a little more time for reflection on the emotional issues that caused him to leave the clubhouse in the middle of Tuesday’s game.
Bradley is not allowed to be in uniform or travel with the team and can’t return to action for five days. The move cleared a spot on the 25-man roster for Michael Saunders, who will provide outfield depth in Bradley’s absence. Saunders, 23, was batting just .200/.293/.213 with five RBI in 80 at-bats for Triple-A Tacoma but the M’s need bodies.
Bradley, 32, is hitting .214/.313/.371 with two homers and 12 RBI through 70 at-bats this season. He asked for “help” from the Mariners on Wednesday and, according to the Tacoma News Tribune’s Ryan Divish, had his first therapy session this afternoon.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4