May 6, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
I’ve only been watching it sporadically, but I think it’s worth noting that when Roy Halladay faced Albert Pujols in the top of the third (a) Roy Halladay worked fast; and (b) Albert Pujols didn’t step out of the box between pitches.
Given that those two are the absolute best at what they do on the planet, there’s probably a lesson in there somewhere.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (75)