May 6, 2010, 8:16 AM EDT
The 17-year-old who ran around Citizens Bank Ballpark like a fool and then got tased has issued an apology. Well, at least his attorney did on his behalf.
The kid — Steven Consalvi – “knows that he committed a
foolish act and is truly sorry for his actions,” and he wants to apologize “to the fans, the team, the Philadelphia Police
Department and ballpark security workers.” The attorney says that the family hopes that people understand “teenagers do impulsive
I have no idea why, but after hearing that I’m sort of reminded of this old Kids in the Hall sketch.
In other news, the Phillies have decided that the use of force is not needed simply because someone jumps on the field during the game. Going forward, the team has decided, Phillies team security will apprehend fans who jump on the field and city police will not become involved unless it is deemed necessary.
What’s this “deemed necessary” business? Didn’t the Phillies get the memo that any person who steps foot on a field could have knives and bazookas and smart bombs and stuff and must be stopped with extreme prejudice? Jeez, it’s almost like they want to assess threats for what they are rather than fear the unknown and treat people like they forfeited all of their their Constitutional rights simply because they trespassed.
What is this world coming to?
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 3
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 42
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 33
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)