May 6, 2010, 8:16 AM EDT
The 17-year-old who ran around Citizens Bank Ballpark like a fool and then got tased has issued an apology. Well, at least his attorney did on his behalf.
The kid — Steven Consalvi — “knows that he committed a
foolish act and is truly sorry for his actions,” and he wants to apologize “to the fans, the team, the Philadelphia Police
Department and ballpark security workers.” The attorney says that the family hopes that people understand “teenagers do impulsive
I have no idea why, but after hearing that I’m sort of reminded of this old Kids in the Hall sketch.
In other news, the Phillies have decided that the use of force is not needed simply because someone jumps on the field during the game. Going forward, the team has decided, Phillies team security will apprehend fans who jump on the field and city police will not become involved unless it is deemed necessary.
What’s this “deemed necessary” business? Didn’t the Phillies get the memo that any person who steps foot on a field could have knives and bazookas and smart bombs and stuff and must be stopped with extreme prejudice? Jeez, it’s almost like they want to assess threats for what they are rather than fear the unknown and treat people like they forfeited all of their their Constitutional rights simply because they trespassed.
What is this world coming to?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)