May 6, 2010, 8:16 AM EDT
The 17-year-old who ran around Citizens Bank Ballpark like a fool and then got tased has issued an apology. Well, at least his attorney did on his behalf.
The kid — Steven Consalvi — “knows that he committed a
foolish act and is truly sorry for his actions,” and he wants to apologize “to the fans, the team, the Philadelphia Police
Department and ballpark security workers.” The attorney says that the family hopes that people understand “teenagers do impulsive
I have no idea why, but after hearing that I’m sort of reminded of this old Kids in the Hall sketch.
In other news, the Phillies have decided that the use of force is not needed simply because someone jumps on the field during the game. Going forward, the team has decided, Phillies team security will apprehend fans who jump on the field and city police will not become involved unless it is deemed necessary.
What’s this “deemed necessary” business? Didn’t the Phillies get the memo that any person who steps foot on a field could have knives and bazookas and smart bombs and stuff and must be stopped with extreme prejudice? Jeez, it’s almost like they want to assess threats for what they are rather than fear the unknown and treat people like they forfeited all of their their Constitutional rights simply because they trespassed.
What is this world coming to?
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (148)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)