May 6, 2010, 8:16 AM EDT
The 17-year-old who ran around Citizens Bank Ballpark like a fool and then got tased has issued an apology. Well, at least his attorney did on his behalf.
The kid — Steven Consalvi – “knows that he committed a
foolish act and is truly sorry for his actions,” and he wants to apologize “to the fans, the team, the Philadelphia Police
Department and ballpark security workers.” The attorney says that the family hopes that people understand “teenagers do impulsive
I have no idea why, but after hearing that I’m sort of reminded of this old Kids in the Hall sketch.
In other news, the Phillies have decided that the use of force is not needed simply because someone jumps on the field during the game. Going forward, the team has decided, Phillies team security will apprehend fans who jump on the field and city police will not become involved unless it is deemed necessary.
What’s this “deemed necessary” business? Didn’t the Phillies get the memo that any person who steps foot on a field could have knives and bazookas and smart bombs and stuff and must be stopped with extreme prejudice? Jeez, it’s almost like they want to assess threats for what they are rather than fear the unknown and treat people like they forfeited all of their their Constitutional rights simply because they trespassed.
What is this world coming to?
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)